A beet in your breakfast? Really? Well, before you cringe at the thought of it, give this acai breakfast bowl a try, that has most of nature’s goodness packed into an unusually amazing taste of earthy beets, soft dates and tart acai berries, topped with coconut flakes, hemp seeds and fresh strawberries. Although beet is not perhaps the first thing you plan to include in your breakfast, you will be mighty surprised at the taste of acai mixed with beet.
Where to buy acai, you ask? Nectar Fruits has the choicest organic frozen berries for healthy consumers like you. You can buy our frozen acai berries online or even order wholesale berries. Once done, get your blender ready to try this acai recipe that’s gluten-free and purely vegan.
Beet and Date Acai Breakfast Bowl
- Raw beet – 1 pc (neatly peeled and finely grated)
- Large date – 1 pc (softened in lukewarm water)
- Frozen acai puree – 100 gm (try the organic variety from wholesale frozen fruit suppliers like Nectar Fruits)
- Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
- Brazil nuts – 1 or 2
- Chia seeds – 1 tbsp
- Frozen mixed berries (blueberries and raspberries) – 1/2 cup (optional)
- Coconut flakes – 1 tbsp (unsweetened)
- Hemp seeds – 1 tbsp
- Fresh strawberries (sliced)
- Keep the date soaked in lukewarm water to make it soft and blender-friendly.
- Peel the beet well and then finely chop or grate it.
- Put the chia seeds, coconut milk, soaked date and brazil nuts into the blender first. Whizz on high until smooth.
- Next, put the grated/chopped beet into the blender, along with the organic frozen acai (thawed) and frozen mixed berries. Again, blend on high until you get a smooth creamy texture. Pause in between to scrap the sides if needed.
- Once done, pour the mixture into a bowl and add the toppings.
- Sprinkle the coconut flakes and hemp seeds on one side, the sliced strawberries on another.
And there you are, all ready with your healthy and hearty breakfast bowl, packed with anti-oxidants, omega-3 fatty acids and loads of phytonutrients. Bet you will thank Nectar Fruits, one of Australia’s fondest frozen fruit suppliers, for this unique acai breakfast bowl. Enjoy!