Think of Brazil and you can’t miss its rain forest, the Amazon. Now this Amazon’s amazing acai berries do not just make for a quick yummy breakfast when spruced up with other fruits and toppings, the acai benefits extend even beyond it. Our acai berries from Nectar Fruits, one of the finest acai suppliers in Australia, can also boost your energy levels and leave you feeling healthy and hearty through the day. If you are a vegan looking for that perfect scrumptious acai recipe, this particular acai Nectar fruits bowl is sure to add that zing to your day!
Very Berry Vegan Acai Bowl
- Berry mix (frozen) – 1 handful
- Acai puree (1 pack — you may try the Nectar Fruits acai berry pure if you are especially fond of organic stuff) or powdered petruz açaí or any other acai powder (2 tsp) with crushed ice (3-4 cubes)
- Banana (frozen) – 1 pc
- Soy or rice milk (2/3 cup)
- Rolled oats (3 to 4 tbsp)
- Maple syrup (1 tsp)
You can bring out your creative best here to add the toppings of your choice, but if you ask Nectar Fruits, we suggest the following to make the most of the acai benefits — that is, the blend of taste and good health:
- Mangoes (sliced into cubes)
- Other fruits (sliced) – optional
- Coconut flakes
- Almonds (chopped)
- Chia seeds – optional
- First, thaw all the frozen packs of berry mix and acai puree in a bowl so that it is easy on your blender. In case you are using powdered acai, take care to first make a rough mix/paste by adding crushed ice to it before putting them into the blender.
- Chop the banana before you plop them into the blender along with the other ingredients.
- Now, put all ingredients into the blender (the berry mix, acai puree, banana slices, rolled oats, milk and maple syrup) and whizz on high until you have a smooth creamy mix.
- Pour them into a bowl and arrange the toppings. For that oh-so-refreshing look with your acai Nectar Fruits bowl, place the mango cubes (or other fruits) on one side and place the chopped almonds on the other end. In between, sprinkle those fine coconut flakes (or chia seeds). And there you are — all set to dive into your vegan acai bowl. Enjoy!